How to Get Rid of FUPA?
FUPA is an abbreviation for 'fat upper pubic region.' In the medical field, however, the term panniculus is used instead. It is a layer of fat placed above the pubic region. The existence of panniculus can be explained by a number of factors ranging from delivery to considerable weight reduction. Unfortunately, losing fat in the upper pubic area might be more challenging than in other places of the body. Furthermore, losing fat in certain regions might be quite difficult with diet and exercise alone.
Pregnancy and childbirth are the major reason behind the emergence of FUPA in women. According to world’s leading healthcare experts, FUPA could also be and end result of weight accumulation and some women are more prone to developing FUPA quickly. Apart from this, there could be several other contributing factors to FUPA like stress, genetic factors, diet, age, etc.
How to Get Rid of FUPA?
If you are looking to get rid of a FUPA without surgery, there are several ways to approach it. One of the most effective ways to get rid of FUPA is to choose from various physical exercises. Let’s get to know them below.
Best Exercises to Get Rid Of FUPA
- Forearm Plank
This amazing basic workout can energise and strengthen your abs.
This is how it's done.
- Kneel on the ground.
- Close your hands and lower your upper body onto your forearm.
- Raise your knees until your weight is equally divided between your toes and forearms. You should be almost level with the floor.
- Tighten your abs!
- Maintain for at least 30 seconds.
- Rest for a few seconds in the beginning posture before repeating.
Also Read: Pilates for Runners
- Bicycle Crunch
Bicycle crunch exercise is known to do wonders to your abs and is considered a great way to get rid of FUPA.
Follow this procedure:
- Lie on your back with your legs bent 90 degrees above your hips.
- Lower your body back into the floor and aim to maintain it there for the duration of the action.
- Place your hands behind your head and raise your shoulders off the floor slightly.
- Straighten left leg while twisting left elbow toward right knee, keeping right knee at a 90-degree angle. Rather than moving your right knee closer to your chest, try to keep it exactly above your hip.
- Repeat on the opposite side, and then alternate sides.
Also Read: What is Reformer Pilates?
- Leg Raise
Leg lifts, like flutter kicks, constrict your inner abs while strengthening your core.
Take the following steps:
- Lie on your back with your arms at your sides, palms down.
- Squeeze your legs together and point your toes to the ceiling.
- Raise your legs slowly until they form a straight angle with the floor. (For an added challenge, pulse your legs and pelvis up toward the ceiling with your abs.)
- Slowly drop your legs while squeezing your lower back firmly onto the floor.
- When you feel your back is ready to lift off the floor, stop lowering your legs and start pulling them back up toward the ceiling.
- Body Rollup
This exercise is merely a more pronounced form of sitting up. But if you master your form, you'll feel the burn!
Here's how it's done:
- Sit on the floor, with your legs straight out in front of you.
- Lift your arms straight in front of you as well.
- Slowly roll back, 1 inch at a time, until you're flat on your back.
- Reverse the action, slowly rolling up into a sitting posture (arms straight!).
- When you're ready to take it up a notch, repeat with hand weights.
- The Hundred
The Hundred is a classic Pilates mat exercise.
Equipment: Exercise Mat
This Pilates exercise is a great way to start your routine. Going to join Pilates classes? You will be asked to perform this in the beginning. It warms up your body and gets your muscles ready for the work ahead. The Hundred is a simple exercise that you can do at home with a Pilates mat, and with little or no equipment.
To do The Hundred, lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. Place your hands on your belly and inhale deeply. As you exhale, curl your head, neck, and shoulders off the floor and lift your legs into the air. Keep your abs pulled in so that you are working them throughout the entire exercise. Hold for 5-10 breaths, then lower down slowly. Repeat 3-5 times.
Want to Know More About Getting Rid Of FUPA? Get In Touch!
Many people search for how to get rid of a FUPA as having excellent fat makes life difficult for them. Not only does it disturb their body shape but puts more pressure on their hearts. This is where choosing these non-invasive procedures for FUPA reduction makes true sense.To know more about how to get rid of FUPA or more specifically how to get rid of male FUPA, consider connecting with the professionals at The Pilates Machine. They also offer the best Pilates reformer for sale.